More Maple worksheets on differentiation
Basic calculus topics:
The following Maple worksheets can be downloaded.
They are all compatible with Classic Worksheet Maple 10.
Implicit functions - implctfn.mws
- Graphs of implicit functions
Implicit differentiation - impdiff.mws
- The method of implicit differentiation.
- Implicit differentiation in action.
- Some standard expressions which occur when differentiating implicitly.
- Implicit differentiation using diff.
- Tangent lines to general curves defined by an equation involving two variables.
- Existence of derivatives of implicit functions.
Parametric curves - param.mws
- Graphs of implicit functions.
- The gradient of a parameterized curve.
- Determining the gradient of some parameterized curves.
- The cycloid.
- The speed of a point moving along a curve.
- The speed of a point on the rim of rolling wheel.
Some interesting curves - curves.mws
- Maltese Cross.
Derivatives of trig functions - difftrig1.mws
- The derivatives of the sine and cosine functions.
- A more formal treatment of the two limits needed
Derivatives of trig functions II - difftrig2.mws
- Graphical illustration of the derivatives of the sine and cosine functions.
- Derivatives of other functions defined using trig functions.
Derivatives of trig functions III - difftrig3.mws
- Derivatives of tan, sec, cosec, cot.
Exponential and logarithm functions - explog.mws
- Logarithm functions.
- The derivative of the general logarithm function.
- The exponential function.
- Some graphs involving the exponential function.
GRADIENT FUNCTION FOR CYCLOID
Top of page