Maple worksheets on matrices
Vectors, matrices and complex numbers:
The following Maple worksheets can be downloaded.
They are all compatible with Classic Worksheet Maple 10.
An introduction to matrices - matintro.mws
- What is a matrix?
- Addition and subtraction of matrices, and multiplication by a real number.
- Matrix multiplication.
- Properties of matrix multiplication.
- The identity matrix and inverse matrices.
- Using matrices to solve a linear system of equations.
Gaussian elimination and Gauss-Jordan elimination - gausselim.mws
- Solving a system of linear equations by Gaussian elimination.
- Calculation of inverse matrices by Gauss-Jordan elimination.
Determinants - determ.mws
- The determinant of a 2 x 2 matrix.
- The determinant of a 3 x 3 matrix.
- The determinant of a 4 x 4 matrix.
- Properties of determinants.
Cramer's rule - cramer.mws
- Cramer's rule for the solution of a system of 2 linear equations in 2 variables.
- Cramer's rule for the solution of a system of 3 linear equations in 3 variables.
Eigenvalues and eigenvectors - eigenval.mws
- Systems of equations with infinitely many solutions and singular matrices.
- Eigenvalues and eigenvectors.
Top of page