Maple worksheets on sequences, series and binomial expansions
The following Maple worksheets can be downloaded.
They are all compatible with Classic Worksheet Maple 10.
An introduction to sequences including arithmetic sequences - arithseq.mws
- Introductory examples of sequences.
- Graphs of sequences.
- Factorial notation.
- Arithmetic sequences.
An introduction to series - series.mws
- A sum of odd numbers.
- The sum of an arithmetic series.
- Geometric sequences.
- The sum of a finite geometric series.
- A geometric series connected with compound interest on regular periodic deposits.
- The sum of an infinite geometric series.
- The distance travelled by a bouncing ball.
An introduction to counting methods - count.mws
- The multiplication principle.
- Arrangement of n things in a line.
- A procedure for constructing arrangements of distinct items: arrange.
- General permutations of r objects taken from n.
- Using the Maple procedure combinat[permute] to list permutations.
- Selections or combinations.
- Maple procedures connected with combinations: combineperms, permstocombs, combinat[choose].
Pascal's Triangle and binomial expansions - binomial.mws
- Expanding powers of binomials - Pascal's triangle.
- Binomial coefficients and the general binomial expansion.
- A relation between binomial coefficients.
- Constructing Pascal's triangle.
Top of page